Wood Products (15WPM) – No New Admits – See Sustainable Materials & Technology Minor
Applications for the Minor in Wood Products are no longer being accepted. See the Minor in Sustainable Materials and Technology.
The Department of Wood and Paper Science offers a minor in Wood Products (WP) to all undergraduates enrolled in the University as degree candidates, except WP majors. The minor will provide students with a basic understanding of the anatomical, physical, and mechanical properties of wood and the processes used in converting wood into the multitude of available wood products.
- A minimum of 17 hours is required for the minor.
- 3 courses are required as indicated below, 2 others are elective.
- A minimum grade of ‘C’ must be achieved in all courses to be used toward the minor.
Required Courses (11 semester hours)
- WPS 202 Wood Anatomy and Properties (3 cr)
- WPS 203 Wood Physical Properties (4 cr)
- WPS 302 Wood Processing II (4 cr)
Elective Courses (minimum of 2 courses required)
- WPS 205 Wood Products Practicum (5 cr)
- WPS 301 Wood Processing I (4 cr)
- WPS 309 Wood Products Processing: Facilities and Infrastructure (3 cr)
- WPS 344 Introduction to Quality Control in Wood Products (3 cr)
- WPS 441 Wood Mechanics (4 cr)
- WPS 444 Wood Composites (3 cr)
Admissions and Certification of Minor
In both instances, students should contact the minor advisor, Dr. Perry Peralta, 1022 Biltmore Hall, 919.515.5731, firstname.lastname@example.org. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification can be found in 1022D Biltmore Hall and should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonDr. Perry Peralta
1022 Biltmore Hall
email@example.com SIS Code: 15WPM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION