Application for admission to any University minor program is now available via MyPack Portal.
Admission will be based upon the student’s academic record, and in most cases no longer requires departmental review.
To apply to Add a Minor, go to: https://go.ncsu.edu/minor_coda
The undergraduate minor in Wetland Assessment is an interdisciplinary, interdepartmental minor that is designed to provide NC State students with the requisite knowledge and skills needed for entry level competence in the field of wetland delineation and assessment. The soils, hydrology, and plant identification courses of the minor build the scientific background and skills needed to understand the structure and functions of wetland ecosystems and to apply assessment protocols.
- The minor in Wetlands Assessment consists of 17 credit hours (5 courses) as specified below.
- BO 405 and FOR (NR) 420 are prerequisites of NR 421 and therefore must be completed before enrolling in NR 421. NR 421 is the capstone course of the minor and should be taken last.
- Successful completion of 60 credit hours and all courses that are prerequisites to courses in the minor prior to admission to the minor.
- PB 405 Wetland Flora (3 credits) (Offered in Fall)
- FOR/NR 420 Watershed and Wetlands Hydrology (4 credits) (Fall)
- SSC 452 Soil Classification (4 credits) (Spring)
- SSC 470 Wetland Soils (3 credits) (Fall)
- NR 421 Wetland Assessment, Delineation, & Reg. (3 credits) (Spring)
To enroll in the minor, students should contact the minor coordinator, Dr. Ryan Emanuel, 2217 Jordan Hall, 919.513.2511, email@example.com. The application form for the minor will serve as a work plan and a copy will be forwarded to the student’s major advisor.
Certification of the minor should also be completed with Dr. Emanuel. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification can be found in 2217 Jordan Hall and should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonDr. Ryan Emanuel
2217 Jordan Hall
SIS Code: 15WAM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION