Textile Technology (18TTM)
The Department of Textile Engineering Chemistry and Science offers students the opportunity to take a minor in Textile Technology. Undergraduate students enrolled in all programs at NC State University are eligible to take this minor. The minor allows students to explore the principles of textile technology and design technical textile products. Students also have the opportunity to use textile technology facilities as part of the minor.
- A total of 16 credit hours are required for the minor.
- A grade of ‘C- ‘or better is required in all courses to be used towards this minor.
Required Courses (10 credit hours)
- TT 105 Introduction to Textile Technology (3 cr)
- TMS 211 Introduction to Fiber Science (3 cr)
- TT 327 Yarn Production and Properties (4 cr)
Elective Courses (6 credit hours)
Two elective courses should be selected from the following list after consultation with the minor advisor.
- TT 305 Introduction to Nonwoven Products and Processes (3 cr)
- TT 341 Knitted Fabric Technology (3 cr)
- TT 351 Woven Fabric Technology (3 cr)
Note: Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites. Permission to waive prerequisites must be obtained from the course instructor after evaluation of student’s academic background.
Admissions and Certification of Minor
Students seeking to pursue the Textile Technology minor should contact the Minor advisor in the College of Textiles.
Contact PersonGeorge Hodge
3324 College of Textiles
firstname.lastname@example.org Last Updated: January 2017
SIS Code: 18TTM