The Technology, Engineering and Design minor broadens students’ comprehension of the technological society in which they live. This is accomplished through the investigation and manipulation of tools, materials, and machines related to technology. Further, students experience technology coursework in applications such as information and communication systems; emerging technologies, robotics education, and evaluation of technological impacts on society, individuals, and culture. Minor programs are individually designed to meet the needs of the student and to complement their major.
- Complete a minimum of 16 hours of coursework in Technology, Engineering and Design Education
- A minimum grade of ‘C’ (2.0 or better must be achieved in each course counting towards the minor with the exception of TDE 490 (an “S” is acceptable for this course).
- Students who have transfer credit from another institution that they believe is equivalent to GC 120 should consult the contact person listed below for approval and inclusion in the minor.
Required Courses (7 credit hours)
- GC 120 Foundations of Graphics (3 cr)
- TDE 110 Materials and Processes Technology (4 cr)
Elective Courses (9 credit hour minimum)
- TDE 131 Technology through Engineering and Design I (3 cr)
- TDE 205 Desktop Publishing Imaging Technology (3 cr)
- TDE 261 Digital Media Education (3 cr)
- TDE 331 Technology Through Engineering and Design II (3 cr)
- TDE 351 Ceramics: The Art and Craft of Clay (3 cr)
- TDE 359 Electronics Technology (3 cr)
- TDE 371 Emerging Issues in Technology (3 cr)
- TDE 385/386 Robotics Education (lecture and lab) (4 cr)
- TDE 481 Research and Development in Technology Education (3 cr)
- TDE 490 Special Problems in Technology Education (1-6 cr)
Students must submit a “Declare a Minor” form to the contact person below.
Prior to the end of the second week of the student’s final semester, the student must sign the Application for Minor form (provided by the minor contact person). This form is a list of all grades received in the courses to be considered for the minor as well as the courses to be taken during the student’s final semester.
510F Poe Hall
Effective Date: 1/2012
SIS Code: 13TEM