DescriptionThe Psychology Department offers a minor in Psychology to majors in any field except Psychology. No courses for the minor may be taken for S/U credit.Requirements
- No more than 9 hours may be met with transfer credit.
- Completion of 18 credit hours of coursework with a grade of ‘C-‘ or better.
- 6 of the 18 hours must be in the foundational courses of psychology and 9 hours in the core courses of psychology.
- A maximum of ONE (1) course may be used (double-counted) towards both departmental major requirements and minor requirements.
Required Foundational Courses (6 credit hours)
- PSY 200 Introduction to Psychology (3 cr)
- PSY 230 Introduction to Psychological Research (3 cr)
Required Core Courses – (3 of the following courses 9 credit hours)
- PSY 420 Cognitive Processes (3 cr)
- PSY 430 Biological Psychology (3 cr)
- PSY 311 Social Psychology (3 cr)
- PSY 376 Developmental Psychology (3 cr)
Required Elective Course (3 credit hours)
- PSY *** Any PSY course except PSY 499 (3 cr)
Students may declare their intention to complete the Psychology minor by consulting with the contact person listed below.
The contact person listed below will certify the minor prior to graduation. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Dr. Dana Kotter-Gruehn
639 Poe Hall,
SIS Code: 16PCMPRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION