Graphic Communications (13GCM)
This fifteen-credit hour minor develops competencies in selecting and applying graphic techniques in both professional and avocational areas, provides in-depth study and authentic activities in visual science, and enriches visual perception and critical thought in graphic areas. Minor programs are individually designed to meet the needs of the student and to complement their major.
- Complete 15 hours of course work in Graphic Communications.
- A minimum grade of ‘C’ (2.0) or better must be achieved in each course counting towards the minor.
- Students who have transfer credit from another institution that they believe is equivalent to GC120 should consult the contact person listed below for approval and inclusion in the minor.
Required Courses (3 credit hours)
- GC 120 Foundations of Graphics OR
- TDE 220 Civil Engineering Graphics
Elective Courses (12 credit hours)
Choose any four (4) of the following courses:
- GC 250 Architectural Graphic Communications
- GC 320 3-D Spatial Relations
- GC 330 Basic Technical Animation
- GC 340 Concepts of Website Development
- GC 350 Applied CAD/D and Geometric Controls
- GC 420 Visual Thinking
- GC 450 Advanced CAD/D
- GC 498 Independent Study in Graphic Communications
- TDE 205 Desktop Publishing & Imaging Technology
- TDE 230 Scientific and Technical Visualization
- TDE 261 Digital Media Education
Students may declare their intention to complete the Graphic Communication minor by consulting with the contact person listed below.
The person listed below will certify the minor prior to graduation. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonDr. Brian Matthews
502-O Poe Hall
SIS Code: 13GCM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION