The Global Leadership and Team Decision-Making minor is a 15-hour minor that is designed for students who seek to gain greater knowledge and understanding of leadership and team decision-making from a European global perspective in a cohort format. The coursework is composed of courses grounded in theory, inquiry, and application. The student will participate in a cohort of 12-15 for a semester abroad in the Czech Republic, United Kingdom and Germany. The student will be required to take SLC 250: Critical and Creative Decision-Making either prior to or following the study abroad experience to complete the 15-hr requirement (prior to departure preferred). The student in the minor may be preparing for graduate work or any field of study within the university.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 required credit hours
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 in the minor
- Students may not take minor coursework on a credit only (pass/fail) or S/U basis
- The program coordinator will certify the minor prior to graduation
- The minor must be completed no later than the final semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification must be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
- SLC 250 Critical & Creative Decision Making Models, Faculty on Record, Dr. Debbie Acker
(before/after study abroad)
- FTM 484: Strategic Management and Decision Making in Textile, Faculty on Record, Dr. Helmut Hergeth (Prague)
- MIE 430: Teamwork in Organizations, Faculty on Record, Richard Podurgal (Germany)
- PRT 359: Leadership and Supervision in Recreation, Faculty on Record, Dr. Jason Bocarro
- SLC 475: Capstone: Global Leadership and Team Decision-Making, Faculty on Record, Dr. Debbie Acker (virtually, first week in Prague during orientation and before first course starts); US; last week of semester before returning to the States, delivered in Prague)
Students are required to meet with the contact person for the minor to discuss expectations established for the Global Leadership and Team Decision-Making minor, submit a form to university registrar’s office and complete an application form through the European Center in Prague.
Contact Minor Coordinator
Debbie Reno Acker
Hunt Library 4100
European Center in Prague for Study Abroad Inquiry
SIS Code: 24GLM