Application for admission to any University minor program is now available via MyPack Portal.
Admission will be based upon the student’s academic record, and in most cases no longer requires departmental review.
To apply to Add a Minor, go to: https://go.ncsu.edu/minor_coda
The Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences offers a minor in Geology to majors in any field except geology. This program provides a means of recognition for students in any field who have a curiosity about the materials, structures and processes of the solid earth.
- At least 15 hours of geologic coursework which must include a gateway course, MEA 110, MEA 202, and MEA 211.
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in at all course work used toward minor.
- One gateway course: MEA 100, MEA 101, MEA 120, MEA 140, MEA 150 or MEA 200.
- MEA 110 Geology I Lab
- MEA 202 Geology II: Historical
- MEA 211 Geology II Lab
- Elective courses must be at a 300-level or higher and must be approved by the minor coordinator.
Admission into this minor program requires that the student be in good academic standing at the university. To officially enroll in the Minor program, students should see Dr. Karl Wegmann, 2123 Jordan Hall, 919.515.0380, email@example.com. Dr. Wegmann will provide the student with the name of a geology faculty member who will act as the advisor for the student’s minor program.
Students should see Dr. Wegmann for certification of the minor, 2123 Jordan Hall. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program.
Dr. Karl Wegmann
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
2123 Jordan Hall
SIS Code: 17GM