GEP Thematic Tracks
A thematic track within the GEP is a 12 credit hour option. Upon completion of an approved thematic track, the title will be noted on the student’s transcript.
Upon completion of the thematic track requirements, the Application for Thematic Track Option form should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Courses and Curricula for approval and notation on the transcript.
Click here for the Thematic Track Application Form.
Approved thematic tracks available:
All students have three options for thematic tracks within the General Education Program (GEP).
A student may:
- Choose a thematic track that has been approved by the Council on Undergraduate Education (CUE). Completion of one approved thematic track will be noted in the student’s official transcript upon graduation provided that the student selects the thematic track prior to completion of degree requirements.
- Create a thematic track of their own choice. In this case, the thematic track will not be noted in the student’s transcript.
- Choose to complete the GEP without a thematic track.
Requirement for completion of a thematic track (12 credit hours)
- Choose a total of twelve credit hours in the thematic track category as a combination of four courses (12 credit hours) – which are linked by a common theme or topic.
- One course must come from the university approved GEP Mathematical Sciences /Natural Sciences/ Engineering lists. One course must come from the GEP Humanities/Social Sciences/Visual and Performing Arts lists.
- The remaining courses are also to be chosen from approved GEP lists.
- A course taken to satisfy a major requirement may be used as part of a thematic track provided the course is on an approved GEP thematic track list.
- A course that satisfies the thematic track requirement may also satisfy the Global Knowledge or U.S. Diversity co-requisite if the course also exists on either university approved GEP co-requisite course list.