Furniture Manufacturing (14FUM)
The Minor in Furniture Manufacturing is open to all undergraduate degree students at NC State who are interested in gaining specialized knowledge of furniture product engineering and related manufacturing processes and design. A set of four cohesive courses provides for a concentrated study of this manufacturing industry as well as the application of industrial engineering fundamentals.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours for ISE designated courses.
- Students must complete 12 hours of required courses and 3 hours of elective courses.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of ‘C-‘ or higher.
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
- ISE 330 Furniture Product Engineering
- ISE 331 Furniture Manufacturing Processes I
- ISE 430* Furniture Manufacturing Processes II
- ISE 431* Furniture Manufacturing Facilities Design
*Substitute courses may be approved by the Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering on an individual basis, based on interest area of student.
Elective Courses (3 credit hours minimum form the following ISE courses)
- ISE 311 Engineering Economic Analysis
- ISE 352 Fundamentals of Human-Machine Systems Design
- ISE 361 Deterministic Models in Industrial Engineering
- ISE 408 Control of Production and Service Systems
- ISE 417 Manufacturing Engineering III – Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- ISE 441 Introduction to Simulation
- ISE 443 Quality Design and Control
- ISE 452 Advanced Human-Machine Systems Design
- ISE 498 Senior Design Project
Admissions and Certification of Minor
Students should contact Dr. Russell King (126A Daniels Hall, 919.515.5186, firstname.lastname@example.org) for admission to and certification of the minor in Furniture Manufacturing. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperworkshould be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonDr. Russell King
126-A Daniels Hall
email@example.com SIS Code: 14FUM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION