The English Department offers a minor in English to majors in any field except English. The minor program will allow students to pursue general interests in writing, literature, and language.
- Complete 15 hours of course work at or above the 200 level.
- No more than 2 courses (6 cr) of transfer credit will be accepted.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor and may count no course grade lower than a ‘C-‘.
- A maximum of TWO (2) courses may be used (double-counted) towards both departmental major requirements and minor requirements.
- 2 courses at the 300 level or above
- 1 course at the 400 level or above
- 2 courses at the 200 level or above
Students may declare their intention to complete the English minor by meeting with the contact person listed below.
The contact person listed below will certify the minor prior to graduation. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonBarbara Bennett
NC State Campus
firstname.lastname@example.org SIS code: 16ENGLM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION