- Twelve (12) credit hours of required Design Core courses include: ADN 219, ADN 281, ADN 418, and ADN 493.
- Two survey courses (6 credit hours) in Art History or Design History are required and may be selected from the following: ADN 475, ADN 492, HA 202, HA 203, ARC 241, GD 203, LAR 444.
- One (1) six-credit hour studio is required each semester; no more than one studio may be taken in any semester. Six (6) additional studio courses (36 credit hours) beyond First Year Experience (D104, D 105) are required for a total of forty-eight (48) studio credit hours. ADN 202 and ADN 400 must be taken sophomore year. The other four (4) studio courses may be selected from ADN 460, ADN 470, ADN 480, ADN 490, ADN 560, ADN 570, or one swing studio course from: ARC 400, GD 201, GD 202, ID 201, LAR 200, or LAR 400. No more than one non-ADN studio course is allowed to fulfill the studio requirement.
- An additional three (3) credit hours of digital media beyond ADN 219 is required, selected from: ADN 311, ADN 319, ADN 419, ADN 411, ADN 481, ADN 492, ADN 592, LAR 210, LAR 211, ID 215, ID 315, ID 415, ARC 251, or TAM 271. An additional three (3) credit hours of drawing beyond ADN 281 are required, selected from ADN 411, ADN 413, ADN 481, ADN 492, ID 318, ID 418, ARC 251 and ARC 253.
- One (1) course selected from the following: MA 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, and 241.
- Nine (9) hours of Design Advised Cores must be completed. Select courses from ADN 112, ADN 212, ADN 220, ADN 221, ADN 224, ADN 226, ADN 272, ADN 273, ADN 274, ADN 292, ADN 311, 312, 319, 372, 384, 386, 411, 414, 419, 423, 428, ADN 472, ADN 473, ADN 474, ADN 481, ADN 484, ADN 486, ADN 491, ADN 492, ADN 494.
- A grade of C- or higher is required.
- The Fall, Spring or Summer semester at the Prague Institute or another approved international program can fulfill the College’s International Experience requirement. Junior year is recommended. Please consult with your advisor.
*General Education Program (GEP) requirements and GEP Footnotes
To complete the requirements for graduation and the General Education Program, the following category credit hours and co-requisites must be satisfied. University approved GEP course lists for each of the following categories can be found at https://oucc.dasa.ncsu.edu/general-education-program/.
A. Mathematical Sciences (6 credit hours – one course with MA or ST prefix)
The Mathematics Requirement (footnote 5) will satisfy 3 hrs of the GEP Math requirement. Choose from the University approved GEP Mathematical Sciences course list to complete the additional GEP Mathematics requirement.
B. Natural Sciences (7 credit hours – include one laboratory course or course with a lab)
Choose from the University approved GEP Natural Sciences course list
C. Humanities (6 credit hours selected from two different disciplines/course prefixes)
Choose from the University approved GEP Humanities course list
D. Social Sciences (6 credit hours selected from two different disciplines/course prefixes)
Choose from the University approved GEP Social Sciences course list
E. Health & Exercise Studies (2 credit hours – at least one 100-level Fitness and Wellness Course)
Choose from the University approved GEP Health & Exercise Studies course list.
F. Additional Breadth – (3 credit hours to be selected from the following checked University approved GEP course lists)
__Humanities/Social Sciences/Visual and Performing Arts or
X Mathematical Sciences/Natural Sciences course lists
G. Interdisciplinary Perspectives (5-6 credit hours)
Satisfied by courses taken as part of the major requirements.
H. Introduction to Writing (4 credit hours satisfied by completing ENG 101 with a C- or better)
The following Co-Requisites must be satisfied to complete the General Education Program requirements (but do not count towards minimum credit hours)
I. U.S. Diversity (USD)
Choose from the University approved GEP U.S. Diversity course list or choose a course identified on the approved GEP course lists as meeting the U.S. Diversity (USD) co-requisite.
J. Global Knowledge (GK)
Choose from the University approved GEP Global Knowledge course list or choose a course identified on the approved GEP course lists as meeting the Global Knowledge (GK) co-requisite.
K. Foreign Language proficiency – Proficiency at the FL_102 level is required for graduation.