A minor in Creative Writing is available from the English Department for N.C. State students, except LCW English majors.
- A minimum of 15 hours (5 courses) in creative writing and/or in writing theory.
- Of the five elective courses, no more than 2 may be at the 200 level. At least one must be at the 400 level or above.
- No more than 2 courses (6 hours) of transfer credit.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor and may count no course grade lower than a ‘C-‘.
- No courses for the minor may be taken for S/U credit.
- A maximum of TWO (2) courses may be used (double-counted) towards both departmental major requirements and minor requirements.
- ENG 287 Explorations in Creative Writing
- ENG 288 Fiction Writing
- ENG 289 Poetry Writing
- ENG 381 Creative Non-Fiction
- ENG 388 Intermediate Fiction Writing
- ENG 389 Intermediate Poetry Writing
- ENG 422 Writing Theory and the Writing Process
- ENG 426 Analyzing Style
- ENG/COM 433 Screenwriting
- ENG 488 Advanced Fiction Writing
- ENG 489 Advanced Poetry Writing
- ENG 430 Advanced Screen Writing
- ENG 499 Topics in Creative Writing
- ENG 588 Fiction Writing Workshop
- ENG 589 Poetry Writing Workshop
- ENG 590 Studies in Creative Writing
Admissions and Certification of Minor
Students may declare their intention to complete the Creative Writing minor at any time after completion of ENG 101. Students should see Belle Boggs 278 Tompkins, 919.515.3866, email@example.com. Belle Boggs also certifies the completion of the minor. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Paperwork for certification should be completed no later than during the registration period for the student’s final semester at NC State.
Contact PersonBelle Boggs
515-3866 SIS code: 16CWM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION