Course Inventory Management Guides
NC State uses the Course Inventory Management (CIM) system for all course actions. There are two websites, one, to initiate actions and search and the other to review and approve actions.
- Approver Help Guide
- Course Archive Building Plan
- Edit an Existing Course
- Propose a New Course
- Approval Workflow Information
- Credit/Contact Hour Guidelines: Use this page to review the types of components (Lab, Lecture, Fieldwork, Internship) as a guide for organizing your course structure.
University-Level Committee Information
The office of undergraduate courses curricula and academic standards helps to facilitate the approval process for the university courses and curricula committee (UCCC), which reviews all course and curricula actions at the university level, and the council for undergraduate education (CUE), which reviews courses for the General Education Program (GEP).
- UCCC Charge and Role
- CUE Charge and Role
- Process Map: Take a look at the overview of the campus approval process
- Motions and Votes: What do my votes or results mean?
- Chair Video
Additional Information and Resources
- How to request a new prefix
- Common Points of Confusion
- Course Numbering Conventions
- Course Crosslisting
- Cross-listing and Dual-Level Courses: What does it mean?
- Syllabus Regulation
- Process Map
- Service Learning: If you are considering offering a course with service learning as a core component, review this checklist used for review of courses when they arrive at UCCC.
The institution places primary responsibility for the content, quality, and effectiveness of its curriculum with its faculty.