Students who fulfill the requirements for the undergraduate Minor in Business Administration will gain an understanding of the language and basic concepts of business, fundamentals of economics, and core concepts of financial accounting. Building on that core foundation, students will pursue additional coursework in several areas of business. The Minor in Business Administration requires 18 hours of coursework with a 2.0 GPA in minor coursework.
- MIE 201 – Introduction to Business Processes (3 cr)
- EC 205 (C- or better) – Fundamentals of Economics ** (3 cr)
- One 200-level ACC course- ACC 200, 210, 220, or 280 (C- or better) (3 cr)
- Three courses from the following list- BUS 320, BUS 340, BUS 360, BUS 370, M 380, MIE 305, MIE 310, MIE 330 (9cr)
** EC 205 may be replaced by (EC 201 or ARE 201 with C- or better).
- Admission to the minor is competitive. Applicants are considered based on overall academic performance. To declare a minor**, a student must have completed at least 30 hours of coursework (not including courses currently in progress), with at least 15 successfully completed at NC State, and have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students in the Business Administration and Accounting majors may not complete the Minor in Business Administration.
- Declaration forms for the Business Administration Minor are available online at https://poole.ncsu.edu/undergraduate/academics/minors/.
- **Students with a declared minor will be able to schedule 300-level minor courses on the last day of the fall semester (for spring courses) and on August 1 (for fall courses), regardless of when the minor is declared. Please see https://go.ncsu.edu/poole_courses for more
Students must earn at least a 2.0 GPA in their Minor coursework to be certified for a minor. Students may not take Minor coursework on a credit only (pass/fail) basis. No more than six (6) hours of transfer credit can be counted toward minor requirements. The Office of Undergraduate Programs, 2150 Nelson Hall must approve any transfer credits taken toward the minor. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program.
Contact PersonUndergraduate Programs Office
2150 Nelson Hall
firstname.lastname@example.org SIS Code: 20BMM PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION