Student completing a minor in Accounting will:
- Be familiar with the areas of financial accounting, managerial accounting, and other accounting topics.
- Understand that accounting is an information system for measuring, processing, and communicating financial information about economic entities.
- Understand how accounting information allows users to make reasoned choices among alternative uses of scarce resources in the conduct of business and economic activities.
- A grade of ‘C-‘ or better in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 or better for all ACC minor courses in the program of study
- Courses credited to the minor may not be taken for credit only (pass/fail).
- Students may transfer in up to 9 credits (6 max at the 300/400 level) towards the minor.
- All transfer credits must be approved by the Poole College of Management Office of Undergraduate Programs in Nelson 2150.
Required Courses (6 credit hours)
- ACC 210 and either ACC 200 or ACC 220
- Students may choose 9 credit hours from any 300 or 400-level accounting course.*
Elective Courses (9 credit hours)
*NOTE: Students should make sure that they have met all required prerequisites for 300- and 400-level courses
Admissions and Certification of Minor
Applications for a Minor in Accounting are available in 2150 Nelson. If transfer credits contribute to the completion of the minor, you’ll also need to submit a copy of the Advanced Standing Certificate (ASC) showing the transfer credits.
Declaring the Minor
Students should complete the declaration form before starting classes for the minor to allow greater access to classes. The form is located in the Office of Undergraduate Programs, 2150 Nelson and the Poole College of Management website.
The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. If transfer credits contribute to the completion of the minor, students need to ensure that official transcripts are sent and processed at NC State.
ContactUndergraduate Programs Office
2150 Nelson Hall
SIS Code: 20AM